I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Thursday, October 12, 2017

A Halloween Funeral Basket, Poe and Pumpkins!!!

 
 Welcome!!

Today I will be sharing more of my Halloween decorations in our Dining Room......

 I decorate the Living Room in an Autumn Elegance theme but the Dining Room is reserved for Halloween!!!

I already showed you my Quote the Raven Nevermore Buffet......
 Click HERE if you missed that post......

And I also shared my Halloween Tree Corner.......
  Click HERE if you missed that post.......

Today I will be showing you the corners of the Dining Room near the Kitchen.....

Let's start where we left off over by the Tree..........
I switched out the china tea cups on the shelf under the large picture entitled "May I Play?"
For silver tea cups, 2 spooky plates and a Halloween box.......
My Skeleton Bride and Groom ornaments are sitting in the tea cups......
This is the left corner over by the Kitchen....
On the shelf by the curio......
I embellished the glass bowl, placed a milk glass plate on top of it and placed a potion bottle on top of the plate........
I spray painted a wood candlestick silver and glued a spider web candleholder to the top of it......
To the left of the curio on a marble topped table is my funeral basket which I decorate for all seasons and Holidays......
I particularly like to decorate it for Halloween........
I wrapped a black rose vine that lights up around the handle and added a bow I made from Halloween ribbon...........
Inside the basket is an arrangement of black flowers , white magnolias and orange fall leaves......
I also tucked a few vintage style Halloween cards into the arrangement......
There is also a LED lighted branch tucked into the arrangement to light it up in the evening.....

On the table.......
A small bowl of bones and a paper mache casket that I painted and embellished......
This is an actual antique Funeral card........
You can see that I placed a skeleton inside the casket......
I placed a spider web place mat on the marble topped table......
At the base of the table is a pumpkin that I embellished a few years ago.......
On top of the curio are 2 more pumpkins.....
I embellished the witches hat by adding a bow and Halloween garland around the rim......
I painted the face on the one pumpkin and added trim and letter stickers spelling BOO on the other and topped it off with an owl.......
Hanging from the curtain rod of my "faux" window, I hung a Halloween Tussie Mussie that I made......
A Tussie Mussie is a cone shaped container used to carry flowers back in Victorian times.....
Next to the curio on top of a cabinet that my Dad made many years ago.....
On top of my Victorian Melodium.......
A mercury glass silver pumpkin, topped with a raven, rests inside a milk glass compote......
The compote was placed on a Dollar Tree silver tray surrounded by skulls and a bone...
A black lace spider web runner covers the top of the cabinet and the melodium......
On each side of the melodium , are Dollar Tree tombstones and a rat......
A "Creepy" silver sign bought at Michael's a few years ago sits in front of the melodium.....
Over in the opposite corner near the Kitchen.....
I already shared my "Quote the Raven Nevermore" Buffet......
On the wall in the corner......
I ran off a copy of a photo of Edgar Allen Poe for the computer and placed it in a frame that I spray painted black.....
On a shelf, is a Jack O Lantern filled with black roses and topped with a raven....
Hanging from the magnolia metal flowers are Skeleton ornaments....
Hanging in the corner is another Victorian Tussie Mussie that was gifted to me.....
I filled it with balc and orange flowers and a sparkly orange cat pick.....
I think this wall accents my "Quote the Raven Nevermore" Buffet........
On the floor by the buffet......
In the corner.......
This is the witch that I bought this season at Wegman's for $10!!
Embellished pumpkins and a Bearington Bear Trick or Treater!!!
This is what this sign looked like originally.....

No, it is not the one from my Kitchen but an identical one that both my neighbor Elly and I  bought at a "yard sale" at of all places. Red Lobster!!!

They were remodeling and had a yard sale , selling decor that they no longer had use for. We bought the signs for $5.00 each!!

Since my neighbor Elly is in a Nursing Home for Alzheimer's and her sons have allowed me to take whatever I want from her house in return for caring for the house and grounds since they do not live locally, I took this sign......
I painted it white and then painted the center with black chalkboard paint so I can now write whatever I chose to on it......

 I also decorated the Dining Room Chandy a bit........
 I hung a silver and black beaded garland that I bought in Target several years ago after Christmas......
 I have silver leaf and pine cone ornaments......
 Silver and white owls......
And a black chandy ornament hangs in the center.....

And this is where I will leave off for this post.......

In my next post.......
I will be sharing a Tale of 2 Haunted Houses......
So I hope you will be back to visit again soon.......
  I am linking up to these parties:

Halloween Blog Hop

Hauntingly Beautiful Decor Halloween Link Party

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party
Create and Celebrate Blog Party

FRIDAY

Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Feathered Nest Friday
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Sweet Inspirations Link Party
  
 SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks
Share It One More Time Inspiration Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

 MONDAY
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Make It Pretty Monday
Celebrate Your Story Monday Night Link Party! 

 TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Reader Tip Tuesday Party

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 
 Waste Not Wednesday
Wednesday AIM Linky Party- twice a month

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

10 comments:

  1. Debbie, My favorite part is the Witchy Poo and Teddy in the corner. So cute. You sure have plenty of decorations. I bet it takes a good while to get it all where you want it. Hope you are loving your autumn season. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love Your funeral basket. You are always very inventive
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the way you decorated the white pumpkins! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! You have so many cute things to display! Does your Joe help you or do you do it all yourself? Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debbie, I loved looking at the pictures of your Halloween Decor! Amazing! The funeral basket is totally awesome! Thanks so much for sharing with us every week! Take care of you and Joe.
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really running behind with my visiting.....had Ky all last week while mom and dad took a vacation to Vegas. We were so busy with her school, homework. volleyball practice and games....loved every minute of it Your Halloween chandy is just gorgeous as is everything, but what caught my eye? The skeleton ornaments on the wall and the vintage Halloween cards. hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, you certainly have a lot of fun halloween decor. Very spooky. Catchy post tile as well. Thanks Debbie for sharing your Halloween decor at DI&DI.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much fun Halloween decor! I especially love the pumpkins. Thanks for sharing with us at Snickerdoodle. Pinning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Debbie! You are definitely the queen of spooky Halloween decor! So much eye candy and creativity here. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! I cannot believe all the work that went into your decorating!! You have a knack for all things spooky! ;-) Thanks for sharing with #HomeMattersParty!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...