I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Fall Front Porch and Yard, 2016

Hello!!

I am so ready for Fall after such an awfully HOT Summer which I HATED!!!

Fall is my favorite time of year, how about you????

First I would like to Thank Cecelia, over at My Thrift Store Addiction, for featuring my post,
Night Time and a Visitor in My Cottage Garden, from last week's Vintage Charm Party!!
Thanks so much , Cecelia!!!

Please stop by and link up to this great party!!

The front porch and yard is now decorated for Fall!!
And the Mums are planted......
You may remember my topiary that I made out of a tomato cage last year???
  There is a lantern with a candle on a timer inside of it.....

Let's take a look at the porch, shall we????
 My begonias did so well this Summer and they fit in like I planned that they would with my Fall colors......
The red color is perfect for Fall and I will keep them as long as they survive.....
I planted a yellow Mum in this pot.....
The pumpkins are fake ones that I bought at Michaels many years ago!

Another candle on a timer in the lantern and also in the terra cotta Jack O' Lantern......
The front of our townhouse......
Fall flowers in the mailbox and a leaf plaque.....
The weeping mortar allows me to hang things on the front of the house......
A Fall swag hangs above the front door........
And a Fall wreath on the door.....
I changed the bow on the wreath this year to a burlap one.....
A Welcome Sign on the side of the door......
I mainly decorate the front of the house for Fall and not Halloween but I do have this cute Halloween plaque out.....
A Fall Leaf Welcome Sign hangs below the flag pole......
On the porch itself.....
I flipped over the chair cushions to the striped side instead of the floral side.....
The lantern on the table has a candle on a timer inside of it along with some fake gourdes that I use every year.......
I added orange LED lights to this tree that lives out on the front porch year round......
You can see how big my begonias got!!
There are 2 pots of them inside the porch and a flower box on the other side of the railing.....
A few more fake pumpkins.....
A Fall Leaf Garland on the railing along with 2 deco mesh bows.....
A smaller terra cotta Jack O' Lantern rests in the bird bath......
Joe bought these Mums at Wegman's for only $7.00 a piece!!!!
I like to buy them before they bloom so they last longer.......

Both of these are tri-colored ones.......
Supposedly yellow, orange and rust!!
Looking down toward the flower bed under my Living Room window......
In the Flower Bed.......
But first let me show you these begonias in the flower box on the side of the porch!!
I will keep them until the frost hits.......

More fake pumpkins.....
The small pots contain 2 dusty millers that I transplanted from the urns that you will see in a minute.....
This is an Ornamental Pepper plant that Joe picked up at Wegman's for $5.00!!
I thought it was different......
2 Fall Mini Flags.....
You can see where Joe cut down a hosta in front of the barrel that I painted last year......
The urns now have tri colored Mums planted in each one.....
They are starting to open a bit.......
You can see the different colors.....
Again, these were only $7.00 each!!
You can see the lights of my Autumn Tree in the window........
We took out the air conditioner but I still need to hang my lace curtains for the Winter......
More begonias.....
In the Flower Bed in front of the house......
A pumpkin lantern.....
My park bench..........
The yellow mum was part of a 2 pack for $7.00! The other one is on the fornt porch......
More fake gourdes and a fake pumpkin.......
And that is what the front of our townhouse looks like decorated for Fall with a touch of Halloween, this year......

In my next post, I will share what it looks like lit up at night......


 So I hope you will be back to visit soon!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie
 
I will be linking up to these parties!!

Falling for Fall Porch Party

 Fabulous Fall Party

Five Star Frou Frou Party-permanently open, link up anytime!!

MONDAY
Inspiration Mondays
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
Blue Monday
Make It Pretty Monday

TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
No Place Like Home Party
Wake Up Wednesdays
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
Creative Sparks Link Party
The Homesteader Hop

THURSDAY
The Homemaking Party
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
 Idea Box- Thursday Linky Party
 Creative Ways Link Party
 Inspired Creations Linky Party
My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday
 Thoughts of Home on Thursday
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party

FRIDAY
Simple and Sweet Fridays
The Creative Exchange
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Friday's Five Features Party 

SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party



Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

25 comments:

  1. What a smart idea to think ahead about using your begonia's in your fall decor! The porch looks amazing....as always! I bought a bunch of white mums about two weeks ago, but the blooms haven't opened up yet. I hope to do some fall decorating on the porch sometime this week.....hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie I love the black urn with the leaves.. What is the leaf vine attached to to give it the height. It's so pretty! Love your front porch! Thank you for being a nurse! laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your begonias are beautiful... Mine only lasted a year. So jealous, yours are big and lovely. I love every inch of your Fall decor. Its all very lovey. And I love Fall best too... Happy Sunday dear with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your fall decorations and the mums Debbie!! Fall is such a beautiful time of year.
    Hope you have a nice week.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of your fall decors, Debbie! Your front porch looks amazing. I' m looking forward for autumn in Italy!
    HUgs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. So festive! I love mums - my favorite fall flower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your decorations look amazing Debbie, I would not know where to start. Wish you could hop over and give me some tips :)

    Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie, just letting you know, your one of my features, later in tonight's blog hop :)

      Delete
  8. You certainly make the most of a small space! I need to get some mums and pumpkins this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Debbie, I love it all! I really like the picture of your fall tree in the window, and the tree you decorate outside all year. What a great idea, where did you get that little tree out front with orange lites? Thanks so much for sharing, Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your porch is ready for fall, and so am I! Bring on the cool weather, I'm always ready for it. What a great deal on the Wegmans plants, a Webmans just opened here in Richmond a few weeks ago, I need to visit them soon. Thanks for sharing all your autumn decor with us, I enjoyed seeing all of it.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! You've been working hard! ;)

    the How-to Guru

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Debbie beyond words. I must get my Fall boxes out of the attic. You inspired me.
    Love,
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Debbie! Beautiful look! Greetings! Kisses:))

    xxBasia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful, Debbie - love all the lovely flowers and fall decorations. I am loving that 'harvest' sign:) Such a warm and cozy welcome to your home! Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Debbie, for linking up with "Let's Talk Vintage!" this week (and every week!) Enjoy your porch, I still have to get my decorations out of storage! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, everything is already set for Halloween. I am here for Thupsday at home. http://www.sahmsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. You always do a fantastic job with your Autumn decorating! Like all your signs and the fun terra cotta jack o lantern. Your begonias are doing wonderful, my flowers didn't fair so well while we were on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful Debbie! Your flowers are gorgeous and I'm sure you will show us more when the mums are in bloom too! Thanks for sharing!
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your comments make my day...thank you dear Debbie!
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are ready. I bet your neighbors love it Debbie! Everything looks so festive. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have a beautiful porch! Have a very happy fall <3

    Blessings,
    Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is very pretty. I love the color choices you picked.

    Thank you for sharing this with us on the #HomeMattersParty. We hope you'll come back again next Friday when we open our doors again at 12 AM EST.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very festive for fall, Debbie! Thank you for sharing @Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Debbie, you do such amazing job 'transforming' your front porch for every season and with the plants and mums, it's gorgeous with the Fall elements, my friend.
    Enjoy your week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...