I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Our Bright and Colorful Patio, Part 2, 2016

Welcome to Our Bright and Colorful Patio, Part 2, 2016!!

But first, I want to Thank Julie, over at Julie's Lifestyle, for featuring my post, How Is My Garden Growing?, from last week's Cooking and Crafting with J and J!!
 Thanks so much, Julie!!

Please stop by and link up to this great party!!
If you missed Part 1, which I call my side of the Patio because that is usually where I sit........
  Please click HERE
 In Part 2, I will show you Joe's side of the Patio, where he usually sits.......
I am also going to share the part of the Patio that I extended several years ago so I could put a table with an umbrella and a chair there, increasing the amount of shade and seating......
I had extended the concrete block out into the yard using pavers because our electrical lines run underground in our development and we are not allowed to pour concrete over them in case they would ever have to access them......
And yes, I am the one who laid the brick and pavers.......
Not Joe!!!

I bought this bright green table and chair at Ross For Less on Clearance a few years ago.......
And the umbrella is actually a beach umbrella, bought at Boscov's because a larger umbrella would not fit in this space.....
The chair and table can be folded up for more room is needed......
I sometimes sit here and have my morning coffee and a bite of breakfast after Joe goes to work.......
On the table is my Bird Cage that I planted a new guinea impatien inside of, a candle holder, a dove statue and a small stepping stone and cute solar fish thingies from Dollar Tree.....
Underneath the table is a small flower box and a stepping stone that says " Life began in a Garden"!
This small extension of the Patio sits between the 2 walkways in the yard......
And now to Joe's side........
Remember that I live in a townhouse in a row of 10 homes of which we are the 3rd one in from one end......
Again, I will explain about the faux brick treatment on the concrete.....

I painted the "brick" on a few years ago but after several really bad Winters where we had to chip ice that was forming when the gutters overflowed, the paint peeled off in places.

We will decide what we will do with it next Summer as we have enough projects for this Summer!!!
We have an awning over the concrete block that my Dad laid many years ago because we get the Sun in the back of the house almost all day long!!

We did not extend the awning the entire length of our townhouse because we wanted to leave enough space open to put a ladder there if we need to get up on the roof.......
That is Joe's chair. You may remembered that I spray painted all the resin wicker pieces this year with Valspar Plastic Paint.

If you missed that post, please click HERE

A neighbor gave me these sweet garden boots!!!
  As I mentioned in a past post, I treat the back of our house as if it was a room inside the house and 
hang things on the walls.....
A few years ago, I bought this Mirror at a yard sale......
 On the side of the mirror.......
If you missed my post on " Reflections of my Cottage Garden", please click HERE
I like seeing the reflection of our back yard in the mirror.....
On the shelf of the mirror, is a cute little frog, some silk pansies and a little bird house that I painted!!
Instead of using candles on the sconces, this year I put 2 solar "Dancing Flowers" from Dollar Tree on them.....
Every year, I planted a real flower in this hanging pot and when I watered it, it would drip water down onto whatever was underneath it.......
So this year, I stuck faux greenery in it!!

I had to re-paint this file cabinet this season because of the water dripping on it from watering the hanging pot!!
I store my garden tools and gloves and Miracle Gro in the cabinet.......
On top of the cabinet is a Fairy that I did not have room for in my Fairy Gardens, a bright pink pitcher filled with more faux greenery and a solar lantern that no longer works that I put a string of Dollar Tree Led lights in!!
I moved this wrought iron table over here this year because it would better withstand the elements than the file cabinet did!!
A pot filled with petunias, a bird house, bird and garden rock sit on top of the table......
Underneath the table is a potted Gerber Daisy.....
In the corner, an old Christmas Tree in an urn that I no longer use in the house.....
I have several sets of lights on the Tree and it looks nice in the evening....
And this is my Potting Bench that I made out of a Baker's Rack that was given to me by a neighbor.....
Of course, I painted it a bright pink......
Beyond the lattice is my next door neighbor's shed in case you were wondering what that is.....
We replaced the wood shelf with a plexi glass one and I use the window wiper hanging on the side to clean water and dirt off of it.....

On the top shelf is a flower and some hens and chicks planted in small pots, a bird house and a Gnome who is relaxing while fishing!!
Joe bought the "I have to go sprinkle" sign at Gabe's......
More potted flowers, a spray bottle filled with Dawn and Water that I use to kill the Gypsy Moth Catepillars that have been feasting my red leafed tree in the yard and my bottle of Deer Urine that I use to keep a little Bunny from eating my Astors!!!

On the bottom shelves are my Sprinklers that I use to water my Garden as we do not have hose access to the back yard......
One enamel pot is filled with potting soil and the other is using for storing some seeds from my flowers.....

Looking out into the Back Yard from this side of the Patio.......
At the end of the Patio on each side , I have a Dwarf Albeta Spruce Tree in a large pot.....
Next to it, is my Gnome Fairy Garden in a Beverage Tub........
If you missed that post, please click HERE
A Bird House and a large Urn planted with petunias......
Next to the Urn is a potted Geranium sitting in a terra cotta Wine Cooler and a Gerber Daisy planted in an old Milk Crate!!
If you missed the post I did about planting in "Different" containers, please click HERE
Looking out into the yard.....
And that concludes my Tour of our Bright and Colorful Patio!!!
Soon, I will be sharing how the Back Yard and Patio look lit up in the Evening......

But in my next post, I will be showing you my Faux Fire Place Transformation!!!

As it went from this......
 To this....
 And now to this!!
It darn near killed me! 

So I hope you will be back to visit soon!!

  I hope you will also take some time to visit my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas, where I am posting, celebrating Christmas in July!!
 Click HERE to see my post on The Spirit of Christmas Books 5-8!!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie
 
I will be linking up to these parties!!

Wake Up Wednesdays
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
Creative Sparks Link Party

THURSDAY
The Homemaking Party
It's a Party
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop
Inspired Creations Linky Party
My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday
Idea Box- Thursday Linky Party
 Thoughts of Home on Thursday
Grace at Home Party
Vintage Charm
Creative Ways Link Party

FRIDAY
Simple and Sweet Fridays
The Creative Exchange
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
Home Matters Linky Party
Funtastic Friday
Friday Favorites
What To Do Weekends
Friday's Five Features Party
Flaunt It Fridays
Five Star Frou Frou Party

SATURDAY
Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

MONDAY
Inspiration Mondays
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
Blue Monday
Tea Time,Cottage and Garden Blog Party
Make It Pretty Monday

TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
No Place Like Home Party
Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

22 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie, love all the whimsy there! We share a love of baker's racks and fairies :) The 'sprinkle' sign made me smile and I love the file cabinet for garden things - great idea! Such a fun place to hang out! Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the vibrant colors Debbie. And my eye went straight to the pink baker's rack. I would be like a kid at Christmas. I would want to touch everything!!!! Love it all .Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Debbie, great colors! Very beautiful patio!
    Greetings! Kiss:))

    xxBasia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patio looks wonderful. So full of color and light. The gnome garden is so adorable. You have done so much in such a small space and it is perfect. Got brave this year my self and did a gnome garden out to the campground on our deck. Even managed 2 fairy garden pots here at home.

    Hope I can get a larger one started this fall outside. Figure I can prepare it for next spring and work on things for it over the winter.

    Yes I did retire three weeks ago now and am so loving being home.

    Hope all is well with you.


    ReplyDelete
  5. Joe's side of the patio is a reflection of your side....gorgeous! I love the mirror above his chair and how it reflects the yard, it makes your yard look twice as big as it is! I can just see Joe sitting in his chair and enjoying retirement soon.....hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie, I always enjoy popping in at your blog and seeing all the bright and cheery colors around your home. Your patio looks wonderful this year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's just a pretty patio. I'd love to have this in my home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did an excellent job laying the pavers, I don't know if I would have taken that on, that is a good idea though just incase any work needed to be done, you don't have to dig up concrete. You sure have a nice cozy area out back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbie, your patio is bright and cheerful. Definitely a place to hang out and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything is so pretty, but my eye kept noticing your colorful umbrella. We don't have an umbrella, but Steve was doing some plein air painting last week and he set up his artist's umbrella. I liked how it looked in the garden even though it is dull green. I think I need to find a cute umbrella for our garden.

    Thanks for sharing with SYC.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Debbie what a delightfully cheerful space. The charming umbrella is the icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your patio is so inviting!

    xo Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are a busy, busy lady. When do you rest? I'm tired just from reading all that you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Debbie, Your colorful patio is extraordinary! I love the bright greens and pinks . . but your flowers!!! Amazing! Even though it has been hot, your patio looks like a lovely spot to enjoy! Thanks so much for sharing all your inspiration with us each week at Snickerdoodle Sunday. Stay cool and as always take care of you and Joe.
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my Debbie, It is just enchanting...I would be happy living out there all summer long! Lisa@ Sweet Tea N' Salty Air

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Debbie, my name is Anne and I'm a first time visitor to your blog (by way of Amaze Me Monday). Your sweet patio is amazing, I am so very impressed. It reminds me so much of my grandmother's patio in Baton Rouge. Something to look at everywhere you turn and just bursting with color!! Anyway, have a great day, and hope to see you stop by my blog sometime to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your patio is such a wonderful retreat, Debbie. Very private which is what I would like. I have always wanted an umbrella set and thought when we bought this house we would be able to have one out on the deck. But we happen to live in one the windiest places and no one on our side of the street has a gazebo or screened in tent or an umbrella set because of the wind. One year our next door neighbour spent quite a lot of money erecting a gazebo up on their deck and the wind literally tore it to pieces. They fixed it twice and finally gave up. So, you are fortunate to have one and I know you enjoy it. Thanks for giving us a peek at your colourful garden retreat and have a lovely week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an adorable porch! I love all the birdcages.Thanks for linking up to Merry Monday! Sharing on Twitter! Have a great week!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  19. Woman! I don't know how you do it. Everything looks amazing. I have never met anyone like you. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  20. Everything is so pretty, as always!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Debbie! Stopping back by from Brag About It to say hello and to thank you for linking up and sharing your beautiful patio with us! Hope you are having a wonderful week!
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for sharing your colorful patio with us at Funtastic Friday, Debbie! Always look forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...