I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Friday, February 14, 2014

Digging out!!!!


Before I get to the Big Snow Storm.....

 First let me start with the Ice......

Not Ice falling from the sky like in the south but Ice on our sidewalks  and every where else.....
 This is where it is coming from.......
 Here in the frigid Northeast ( -6 degrees yesterday morning) this is a growing problem!!

 Look at these huge ones on my next door neighbor's roof......
 In some towns, they have closed sidewalks so the icicles could be knocked off of roofs before they fall and kill someone!!

I have not been able to light my outside Lights because of this......
 Actually, it is better than it was when all the plugs were encased in an inch of ice dripping from the gutters and freezing!!

This is my neighbor's house.....

Now I am sure you know about the Nor' Easter that hit the eastern sea board.......

They had no idea how much snow we would get here in NEPA so they were calling for 1 inch to over a foot especially in the Pocono Mountains, depending on where you are.

 It started at 3 am Thursday morning with light snow so I drove home in about an inch of snow on the roads and here is what it looked like in the morning......
 Where is my park bench????  LOL!!
They thought we would get another 7-8 inches by tonight when I would have to again drive to work!! UGH!!
If that is the case then I am sure my birdhouse may even be buried!!

Afternoon Update:

Here is what it looked like when I woke up in the afternoon......

No I wasn't lazy, remember I work night shift!!
 There was a lull in the storm where some sleet mixed in.......
 My park bench is slowly disappearing.....
Evening Update:

The forecast has now changed and we are going to get belted with some bands of heavy snow in the evening.......

It was snowing like a bugger when I left for work .....

Predictions were now for a total of a Foot of snow for us and 15 - 18 inches in the Pocono's......

I made it to work and it finally stopped snowing about 2am......

Here is what it looked like when I came home in the morning to a total of another foot of snow on top of what we already had!!!!!!!

Neighbors cars on the side of the road........
 Our dumpsters.......
 Our mailbox!
 The entrance to our parking lot in front of our townhouse.......
 Our House......
You can barely see Joe over the bank......
 Look at those icicles now!!!
 Temps are going to be in the mid 30's this afternoon!!   A Heat Wave!!

Lots of ice now on my sidewalk from dripping icicles!!
 My park bench  is now gone........
 It will be a beautiful sunny day......
The Back Yard......

 After a bit of shoveling away from the house was done.....
 I must admit that it has been quite a few years since we had this much snow!!

 AND GUESS WHAT???????

2-4 MORE inches of snow on Saturday!!!!!

But that is not the scary part......

The scary part is temps. rising into the 40's and 50's next week......

With this much snow, we will all be watching the Susquehanna River for Flooding!

Hugs,
Deb


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...