I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Remodel, Part 4, Living Room Reveal

  Today I am going to share with you how my Living Room looks after it was painted and the new wood laminate flooring was installed.
 You may remember that I painted the walls above the chair rail the same peach that it was but I also painted the textured ceiling that same deep peach.

And I did a faux paint treatment below the chair rail where I first sponge painted peach over the new coat of aqua and then dabbed it with a plastic bag to give it a mottled appearance.
 And I also rearranged a lot of my wall art.

This is the wall going upstairs......
I will not be decorating for Fall and Halloween this year  ( Boo Hoo) because it will just be too much  so the Living Room is put back together but some things I did leave packed up because I will slowly start decorating for Christmas......

Those of you who are not familiar with Debbie-Dabble may not know that I had 19 Christmas Trees of various sizes and shapes last season!!
 My Style is Country Victorian and the new wood floors really bring that out.....
 Looking down towards the Kitchen.....
 You can see the deep rich peach that the ceilings are painted.

Victorians believed that the ceiling was the 5th wall and painted it in deep rich colors and added many wall paper borders also.......
 I did get an area rug and a runner for the hall way that matches the area rug in the Living Room......
 The area rugs accent the flooring and the flooring accents the area rugs......
 Looking towards the Living Room....
 Here you can see the new flooring in the Powder Room......
 I am loving the look of the flooring.....
 It goes well with all the different wood finishes on the furniture.....
 Looking at the Living Room from the Stairs.....
 My faux window made with curtains covering a large mirror.....
 Victorians also hung curtains in door ways leading to different rooms.

I hung peach lace curtains to create dividers between the Living Room and the Dining Room.
On the other side of the curtains in the Dining Room, are window inserts from old doors......
 Looking into the Dining Room.......
 The flooring goes right through into the Kitchen.....

I decided to switch the furniture around a bit which is very hard to do in this Living Room because of the lay out of the house.

I moved the Sofa over to the other wall and placed a chair here instead of the sofa........
I have my gold linens out that I use for Fall , Christmas and Valentine's Day......

   There will still be room for my seasonal trees in the corner by the window......
 And here is my new area rug......
 It was on Clearance in Lowes and I can not believe how well it goes with my sofa and chairs.....
 There is even a bit of aqua and peach in it......
 I just put some things over in the corner until I can get my platform and Tree for Christmas set up there.  I had planned to use the 7 foot Tree that I decorate for Christmas and Valentine's Day as an Autumn Tree but that will have to wait until next year.....
 We still have the air conditioners in and that was a good thing because temps. here got into the 80's and we had to turn them on the other day......
 Sorry for the glare from the window......
 Since there are now felt pads under all pieces of furniture, we can now move things around easily including the TV and entertainment center.......
 As I said before, I just put a few things out so I would not have to repack much up when I decorate for Christmas.
 Looking over at the front door......
 You can see that I used a lot of my hat boxes to place things on instead of placing them directly on the flooring......
 You can see the ceramic tile by the front door.....
 And Joe's Grandmother's Hutch......
 Looking down from the Stairs......
 You can see how they finished off the flooring by the tile......
It looked like this......
Now looks like this.....
 I also want to mention the venise lace curtains on my front door.  I bought them at our church flea market some time ago.  They are just a tad short but I have another pair that when I get some time, I will make them longer......

Both sets were a total of $3.00!!
 I  also made a few changes since I took the first batch of pictures....

I added this light that I have had for a long time, buying it on Clearance in Target.....
 I like the way it looks here in this corner.....
 It only has a cord which I may have to disguise some how .....
 It is not crystal but plastic but looks pretty good....
 And I bought another small rug on Clearance at Lowes.....
   So now I have 3 rugs down the hall way....

  So that is what the Living Room looks like now.....
If you missed the other Parts of The Remodel, they are listed below:

Part One

Part Two

Part Three

I am still looking for rugs for the Dining Room.  I actually found what I want but I am waiting for them to go on sale in Penney's.

I will be posting pictures of the Dining Room soon so I hope you will come back for the last Part of our Re-Model!!

 I will be linking up to these great parties this week:


TUESDAY

WEDNESDAY 
Wednesdays Make, Bake and Create partyt
 Fluster's Creative Muster Wednesday's
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Wednesdays Adorned From Above Linky Party
 Lovely Ladies Linky Party
What's It Wednesday
Wonderful Wednesdays
 HOME Party on Wednesdays
Creative Wednesdays 

THURSDAY
Treasure Hunt Thursdays
Home and Garden Party Thursday
  Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party
Time Travel Thursday
 Open House Party
Share Your Cup Thursday
Vintage Thingie Thursday
Transformation Thursday
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
 Pearls and Lace Thursday
  Grace at Home Party
All Things Pretty Thursdays 
Create it Thursday

FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Be Inspired Fridays
Thrifty Things Friday
Simple and Sweet Fridays
 Show and Tell Friday
Tickled Pink Party
 Flaunt It Fridays
 Fabulously Creative Friday Linky Party at Jennifer Rizzo's
 What To Do Weekends
 TGIF Link Party
Inspire Me Please Weekend Blog Hop
 Inspire Me Fridays 
 Anything Goes Linky Party 
Ladies Only Blog Share Linky Party
Anything Blue Fridays
 Weekend Blog Linky Party
Friday Flair Link Party
Friday's Five Features Party
Friday Favorites
 Let's Get Real Friday Party

SATURDAY
From the Farm Blog Hop
Party Junk
 Strut Your Stuff Saturdays
One Great Idea Saturday Party
 Finding the Pretty and Delicious Party
Saturday Show and Tell 
Serenity  Saturday
 Saturday SHOW-licious Craft Showcase
  
SUNDAY
Seasonal Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
That DIY Party
Inspired Sunday( Formerly Vintage View Sunday)
Submarine Sunday
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase 
 Sunday Showcase 


Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...