I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Friday, July 13, 2012

FROM SHOPPING to SUNSET and all kinds of STUFF in Between!!

Hello!!


Well, I have been very busy!!

I was off for 2 days last week and it was not raining, so I took advantage of the nice weather enjoying the nice temps. in the high 70's and getting some projects done.


SHOPPING!!

Joe went to visit his parents the other day ( it is about a 30 -40 minutes drive) and stopped at a local discount Close Out Shop.
Here are some things that he brought home...

A Blue Crackle Paint Kit made by Rustoleum for $1.49!!


Another Paint Kit for $1.49..

Several cans of spray paint. Rosewood and a Blue Sand finish one.....
These were only 99 cents!!

Now you all know I will be having heaps of fun with all this spray paint, don't you?
And then all these cute metal yard signs for 59 cents each!



Gardening tools for 99 cents...



PROJECTS


My Dad made this shelf for me many years ago and it was up the Attic since I had not used it for quite some time.

I thought it would be perfect in Joe's Pittsburgh corner for displaying some of his hockey pucks and Bobble heads.

So Joe got busy sanding it....

And then put a Primer on it...

And of course, painted it black....



And here it is finished and hanging on the wall in his Pittsburgh corner with his Pittsburgh Penguins and Pittsburgh Steeler things.......



It fits right in.....



It goes well with the other shelf that I re-did for him last year as a Father's Day present.....



And the chair that I also gave him as Father's Day present last year.....



This is Joe's only spot in the whole house!!


I don't think he can fit much more in this corner, do you?
LOL!!


More Projects

I am also did something out on the back Patio which looks like this...



A hint....

It is not actually real Brick......

Stay tuned for this Reveal later on in the week.......

I made another Patriotic wreath for a customer who wanted a different look than the others that I had made....



And I started staining my wood appliques for my China Cupboard....

I am using a Maple Gel Stain that I already had....


They will be added to my China Cupboard.


To read about my China Cupboard Transformation if you miss it, please click HERE


SUNSET

Then I relaxed on the front porch in the early evening.....

Enjoying my flowers....

And my next door neighbor's.....

I saw that there is a new nest in my Rhododenron......

As I sat on the front porch at Sunset, these are the scenes that I experienced as the Sun flirted with clouds nearing it's Sun Set......






Behind the clouds......







Re-emerging from the clouds again....



And finally setting....

I get to watch the Sunset from my front porch every day!!


Right over the top of Lowe's Home Improvement Store's roof!!


LOL!!


When the Sun finally sets, my little Cottage Garden, which looks like this during the day.....


Now looks like this......

And with the flameless and regular candles lit in the Evening, the Patio now looks like this in the Evening......





And I get to sit and relax with my feet up looking out into my little Cottage Garden.....


And up at the beautiful night sky.......

We have been very busy! I am taking advantage of the remaining weeks that Joe has before he goes back to work.

I know I have been promising pictures of our Den repainted.
We are finishing up some small projects that have to do with the room including refinishing 2 end tables.
I want to wait and show you the room with everything completed but I thought I would give you a sneak peek....

Here is what the Den looked like before with Ivory above the chair rail......

And here is what it looks like now with the deep tan color above the chair rail and the new border that looks like molding.

Another before.....

And after.....


I love the deeper rich color. I did keep the blue below the chair rail the same.

And I do like how the border defines the wall and ceiling.

Even though I could not find it for several years. I bought the border on Ebay about 8 years ago and then I had not idea where I put it until I recently found it up the attic!!

LOL!!

As I mentioned before, I think Joe will be looking forward to going back to work!!

LOL!!

I am linking up to these parties......

Bunny Hop Party Every Wednesday
Home Decor and Organizing Link Party
What's It Wednesday
Wow Us Wednesday
Outdoor Wednesday
Rednesday

I Made This Party
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share your Creations Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Delightfully Inspiring Thursday
Cottage Flora Thursday
Open House Party Thursday

Homemaking Link Up Party
Fertilizer Friday
Home Sweet Home Friday

Show and Tell Friday
Vintage Inspiration Friday
Thrifty Things Friday
Simple and Sweet Fridays
Anything Goes Linky Party
Tickled Pink Friday


Pink Saturday

Seasonal Sunday
Sunday's Best


Masterpiece Monday
Blue Monday
Mod Vintage Mix Monday
Metamorphosis Monday
Make It Pretty Monday

Knick of Time Tuesday
All Star Blogger Block Party
Tabletop Tuesday
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Tuesday Garden Party


Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...